WEIGHT LOSS WITH SCRIPTURE

I have the strength for everything through she who empowers me. PHIL 4:13


Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
I grew up in the church. I did not study the bible, however, I do plainly remember turning to Philippians 4:13 in times of challenge and distress. The first time I remember reading this verse was in high school, and still today, I look at these words on my wall.

I love reading scripture, it is a part of my life and my teaching. I love sharing the words of hope, love, commitment, and joy. I also turn to the lessons and believe, each time we read or study, we can gain new meaning and introspection. Recently, I was introduced to the book, “What is the Bible,” by Rob Bell. The author offers a primer on how to read the bible as the living word. I encourage you to look at this book if you are new to scripture.

Weight loss is probably one of the most challenging things I accomplished. I had a long lasting history with diets, losing weight, and gaining weight. In my despair, I found myself turning to scripture. Now as a coach, I see my flaw. I turned to scripture in my despair, my prayers were in desperation. I love scripture, but my relationship with the word was in times of great need. That was my starting point. Several years ago, I decided to study the bible, to enjoy reading and learning. I would not say I am nowhere near a theologian, in fact, my interpretation of the bible is very personal. I can offer my thoughts, but I do believe each of us brings to the scripture our own life experiences and perspective. This is the meaning of the living word in each of our lives.

I believe, pairing weight loss with scripture can be very powerful, in fact, these words can bring life. When we do not have our own words, there is comfort in turning to the word of God. My goal is to bring to you my inspiration. Permanent weight loss is hard, but it is possible. In the bible you will read the impossible become possible. Let your eyes be open, watch and see the goodness of the Lord. This is one of the most impactful parts of my weight loss program. I do believe that you are enough. You do not need to lose the weight to be approved by God or anyone else on this earth, especially yourself. I want to work with those that have the desire to lose the weight, that one thing that makes her feel unacceptable. I believe you can have the body you want. Perhaps you have lost hope yet still tortured by your desire. Don't give up on yourself, if that is you, I offer you Philippians 4:13.  

I have the strength for everything through she who empowers me.

ox Anna