Discipline

Photo by Pixabay from Pexels
How would you rate your accountability for your food plan?

The first thing I recommend is to write your plan 24 hours in advance. Tonight, I want you to plan your food for tomorrow. Then you must follow it.

So for instance, I will plan all my meals, I will plan my water, and I will plan my movement. Then tomorrow, I don’t have to fret about what to eat. Sounds easy right.

Well, I didn’t start out there. It took practice. I will plan my food in the evening, however, sometimes, it will be in the morning. This is a habit you will want to develop. Then journaling what you ate is much easier, you may just check off the food, or cross it out and correct it to your actual meal.

Today, I coached someone on their work schedule, and I use the same principle. I recommend that they write down everything they will do. There is a little difference, I will plan large to small, start with the year, to the quarter, then month. I review each week and then the night before, will check what I have on the schedule for the next day.

It is challenging starting a new habit such as planning your food or your schedule in advance, but you will find some immediate benefits.

You will cut down on the chatter in your mind because there is no wondering what you should eat or do. If there are urges to eat off plan, you can more easily get back on track (now if you typically rebel then that requires more work). The biggest benefit in this practice, is that you have a new day all the days of your life, which means you have so many opportunities to practice.

When starting a weight loss plan, the 1st thing I recommend is planning. That’s it, if you plan to eat pasta, then write it down. If you plan to eat dessert, then write it down. Begin now to build a habit of writing it down. We will talk about what to eat later.

Popular Posts